With the app’s meteoric rise to fame, every TikTok user has to be able to shoot and edit their own videos.
If this is your first time creating a video for a brand’s social media page, but you’d like to learn how to monetise your TikTok, I’ll show you the ropes.
How to Make a TikTok Video from Scratch in 2023
As time has progressed, TikTok has evolved, gaining new features to enhance its already stellar offering. Learn all you need to know to create a professional-quality TikTok video in 2023 with this comprehensive how-to guide.
1.Install the app and authorise it to access your data.
You have to get the app onto your phone, so you can use it. Click the camera icon after installation, then follow the on-screen instructions to allow access to your device’s camera and microphone. With TikTok, unlike on other social media sites, you have to press and hold the video button at the same time it records. TikTok, on the other hand, only requires the user to click the app’s “+” recording symbol to begin shooting. If you want to film from a distance, place your phone in the holders of a camera stand. Please start the video.
The second is the pre-recording preparations.
Before beginning a recording, I normally adjust the camera settings. What you can do first is:
- To choose a song before you start recording, open the TikTok camera settings and click the Add sound option.
- Just click the enhance icon and choose your preferred filter. You may certainly move on without reading this if you choose.
- You may customise the colour, select the effects you want, or save the file for further tweaking.
- You may modify the time frame of your video by clicking the time option that appears next to the camera icon once you’ve decided how long you want to record for.
3. Be mindful of the time.
Before you start recording, keep an eye on the red line. Setting the time on that line before beginning to record is a smart idea.
- In the event that you already have a video prepared, you may upload it by tapping the upload symbol that appears next to the videoing icon.
- Once you’ve shot your first TikTok video, it’s time to edit it into something truly stunning.
When I first started using TikTok, I spent too much time mulling about what to film. Happily, I figured it out and have been diligently putting into practise the three recommendations I offered here.
When in doubt about making a TikTok video, just point, shoot, save everything as a draught, then edit it when you’re ready.
For anyone interested in how I edit my TikTok films, here are some pointers.
The editing process begins once the recording is complete and you click the “next” icon. This is where you may begin playing around with the various clip and duration options. Next, after you’re done making changes, select “save.”
1. Tone it down a bit.
In the event that I am unable to think of a song I particularly like at the time I am recording, TikTok allows me to add a sound effect after the fact. As a result, you’ll go on to the next step, which is picking out some tunes to go along with it.
- Finding the music you’re looking for and getting suggestions for new songs to listen to may be done at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- If you hear a sound in a video that you like and wish to utilise it in the future, you may add it to your personal library by clicking on it.
- Your recorded clip’s loudness can also be changed to fit the track you’ve chosen. Instead, you may use your own voice to record a voice-over. Just choose the microphone icon and start recording.
- If you want to change the way your voice sounds, go to the “Sound Effects” menu and pick the one you like most.
2. Release the effects that were added after the recording was made.
Filters are an integral component of the effects that elevate the quality of your videos and increase their shareability on social media.
- Just move the mouse pointer over the effects icon, press it, and choose one of many available effects, including those that are currently on trend.
- To apply an effect to your video, simply tap on the one you want and hold your finger there until the effect appears.
- Hold the mouse button down while clicking on the backdrop you want to use.
3. Put in some pauses.
Using transitions is one of my favourite parts of making a TikTok that includes more than one clip. It’s also stunning to look at.
- To apply the transition, press and hold it for the desired amount of time.
- You may undo your effects adjustments with the undo button.
- The transition might take place in slow motion, repetition, or reverse speed.
- You’ll need to hit “save” after experimenting with various duplicate options under the split tab.
- Stickers are yet another whimsical medium for communicating your message; pick from a wide variety of emojis or any other popular design that is relevant to your film.
- When you’ve finished filming, upload the clip to TikTok.
Creating a video for TikTok is simple, and if you want to take your films to the next level, you can always look into third-party video editing programmes.
Interested in using TikTok into your company strategy but not sure where to begin? Then CLICK HERE to get your hands on the whole TikTok Marketing Bundle!